- Delivering increased sustainability for tropical species and ecosystems, and the industries and communities that depend
- A powerful all-of-system approach – from the rainforested mountains, through stream catchments, wetlands and estuaries,
to the sea, islands and coral reefs
- Targeted science to help mitigate and adapt to climate change
- The RRRC acts in partnership with established research providers and Indigenous organisations and communities
Management and Delivery
- The ‘new wave’ in research management
- Scientific knowledge brokers helping to solve environmental problems for tropical environments and communities,
including North Queensland, Torres Strait and the Pacific region
- A unique engagement framework in which researchers and end users collaboratively define and implement
- A strong emphasis on partnerships, outcomes and delivery
- The unique engagement framework of the RRRC involves more than 38 organisations – government agencies,
industries including tourism and fisheries, primary producers, community groups and Indigenous bodies.
See the partnerships section to find out more.